Saturday, October 16, 2010

If the Rapture is Biblically unfounded, why are its critics so bad at taking it apart Biblically?

Just a complaint. From time to time I just have to get something off my chest. Maybe the circumstances will change and I can take it back.

Today's complaint: I keep trying to find GOOD criticisms of the pre-Second Coming Rapture interpretation. There is no lack of criticism, but I am not finding much that seriously challenges the BIBLICAL claims.

What they tend to do is carry on and on about IMPLICATIONS of the Rapture idea as they see it (it encourages a desire to escape our problems here for instance), and they ASSERT that it's not Biblical, but they really don't take apart the idea Biblically at all.

I did listen carefully to the Amillennial arguments as presented by Kim Riddlebarger and I couldn't support his Biblical interpretations. He too spent much of his time complaining about the Rapture idea, but then he did at least get into some of the Biblical claims.

I probably need to do a more thorough search than I've done, but it IS frustrating. I'm tried of the assertions and insinuations, I want a REALLY GOOD BIBLICAL ANSWER to the BIBLICAL claims of the Rapturists.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment